Saeed Anwar, born on September 6, 1968, was one of the greatest opening batsmen produced by Pakistan, who could destroy bowlers with silken grace. Anwar represented Pakistan in 247 ODIs from 1989 to 2003, scoring 8824 runs at an average of 39.21. Over his illustrious ODI career, the talented opener from Karachi made 20 centuries and 43 fifties under his name. He has, till date, the most number of runs i.e. 12,113, as an opener for Pakistan across all formats. Throughout his career, Anwar remained the king of off-side. He batted with calm demeanor that devastated his opponents. The 2003 World Cup was Anwar’s last international assignment. He once again finished on the top of the list of run getters for Pakistan. He hit a masterly 101 at Centurion against the arch-rivals India.
You may also like
- Fujairah, Sharjah & ECB registers win on the Day 7 of D10 League
- Comprehensive victories for Abu Dhabi, Fujairah and Sharjah on the day 5 of D10
- Thrilling matches of D10 league continues as Dubai, Fujairah,ECB And Sharjah registers victory on the day 4
- “First Leg of CAFU presents Emirates D10 Completed”
- “PSL 5 knockout stage is unlikely to happen”