Saeed Anwar, born on September 6, 1968, was one of the greatest opening batsmen produced by Pakistan, who could destroy bowlers with silken grace. Anwar represented Pakistan in 247 ODIs from 1989 to 2003, scoring 8824 runs at an average of 39.21. Over his illustrious ODI career, the talented opener from Karachi made 20 centuries and 43 fifties under his name. He has, till date, the most number of runs i.e. 12,113, as an opener for Pakistan across all formats. Throughout his career, Anwar remained the king of off-side. He batted with calm demeanor that devastated his opponents. The 2003 World Cup was Anwar’s last international assignment. He once again finished on the top of the list of run getters for Pakistan. He hit a masterly 101 at Centurion against the arch-rivals India.
You may also like
- Malik and bowlers help KPK winning the National T20 Cup.
- The End of an era as Umer Gul an Incredible bowler of his time Retires from Cricket
- KPK will face Southern Punjab in the EPIC final of National T20.
- Sohaib’s Blitz secured Semi-Final spot for Southern Punjab
- Northern’s terrific runs continues, South Punjab still in the race for Semis