Saeed Anwar, born on September 6, 1968, was one of the greatest opening batsmen produced by Pakistan, who could destroy bowlers with silken grace. Anwar represented Pakistan in 247 ODIs from 1989 to 2003, scoring 8824 runs at an average of 39.21. Over his illustrious ODI career, the talented opener from Karachi made 20 centuries and 43 fifties under his name. He has, till date, the most number of runs i.e. 12,113, as an opener for Pakistan across all formats. Throughout his career, Anwar remained the king of off-side. He batted with calm demeanor that devastated his opponents. The 2003 World Cup was Anwar’s last international assignment. He once again finished on the top of the list of run getters for Pakistan. He hit a masterly 101 at Centurion against the arch-rivals India.
You may also like
- “Cash-rich league IPL 2020 is all set to take center stage in UAE from September 19”
- One of the top Hockey club in Karachi Al-Saghir Hockey Club has completed 35th years
- PCB announces 208-match 2020-21 domestic schedule
- Hafeez and Shaheen on the charge in latest ICC T20I rankings
- Azhar Ali rises in ICC Test rankings after 17th Test century